Too Easily Distracted for Love
I am sitting in the shiny sun
and waiting for you to walk by the glass doors
You start as a speck
at the end of the hallway
I wave
Mime
Gesticulate wildly
like the spastic kid in grade school
straining in the back of the room
hand upraised
shaking
saying "OOoh!"
"Pick me!"
Our eyes meet.
There is a small spark.
The obnoxious child
shuffling his feet
and zapping people
really has no place on this patio
Plus, where did he find
enough carpet
to generate electricity?
and waiting for you to walk by the glass doors
You start as a speck
at the end of the hallway
I wave
Mime
Gesticulate wildly
like the spastic kid in grade school
straining in the back of the room
hand upraised
shaking
saying "OOoh!"
"Pick me!"
Our eyes meet.
There is a small spark.
The obnoxious child
shuffling his feet
and zapping people
really has no place on this patio
Plus, where did he find
enough carpet
to generate electricity?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home