Vanity in the Blogosphere
There is growing distance
a chill in the way we relate
I remember when things were greener
Everything was raw
Words spilled like cheap wine
on dirty carpets at
college parties
The ones I never went to
but heard a lot about
You say that I no longer
Take you
Seriously
The destination was
Never the point
You say many things
I want to hear you
but the words fade into
"Wah, wah, wah,"
and I wonder just how cute
the little red-haired girl
really was
I look at you and all I see
is my own narcissism
You're a testament to
all the shallow things I have done
and then bragged about
to my imaginary audience
This was never your fault
But you're going to pay for it
anyway
I am sorry
I cannot update you
Anymore
a chill in the way we relate
I remember when things were greener
Everything was raw
Words spilled like cheap wine
on dirty carpets at
college parties
The ones I never went to
but heard a lot about
You say that I no longer
Take you
Seriously
The destination was
Never the point
You say many things
I want to hear you
but the words fade into
"Wah, wah, wah,"
and I wonder just how cute
the little red-haired girl
really was
I look at you and all I see
is my own narcissism
You're a testament to
all the shallow things I have done
and then bragged about
to my imaginary audience
This was never your fault
But you're going to pay for it
anyway
I am sorry
I cannot update you
Anymore
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home