Proximity
I see you
standing with your friend
but you're facing the other way
and I'm deep in conversation
about what to have for lunch
Your friend pokes you
and points in a way that is
both unsubtle and hilarious
I look away
You are suddenly in front of me
Making small talk
Like you're interested
You're so close I could
smell the detergent on your
ugly, ugly shirt
if you used a particularly
odiferous soap
(but you don't)
I'd take a step back
(you are so close)
but that would look weird
I tell you not to worry about
ever getting coffee
and you say:
I'm not worried.
I need to work on my
precision of language
because while your response
is syntactically correct,
it doesn't mean anything
You have had so many opportunities
to just walk away!
Why are you still pretending
that you're going to email?
We can add "bizarre"
to the long list of
things that you are
standing with your friend
but you're facing the other way
and I'm deep in conversation
about what to have for lunch
Your friend pokes you
and points in a way that is
both unsubtle and hilarious
I look away
You are suddenly in front of me
Making small talk
Like you're interested
You're so close I could
smell the detergent on your
ugly, ugly shirt
if you used a particularly
odiferous soap
(but you don't)
I'd take a step back
(you are so close)
but that would look weird
I tell you not to worry about
ever getting coffee
and you say:
I'm not worried.
I need to work on my
precision of language
because while your response
is syntactically correct,
it doesn't mean anything
You have had so many opportunities
to just walk away!
Why are you still pretending
that you're going to email?
We can add "bizarre"
to the long list of
things that you are
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home