What Just Happened Here, redeux
Ninja of Lust
(and when I use the word "ninja"
I really mean "Oh my god, who the hell do you think you are?")
Rain falls softly from the petals
of the dogwood
the flutter of petals
belies the presence of birds
Your treacherous dance
would have gone
unnoticed
if your new girlfriend
had not shown up
unexpectedly.
My laughter is the steel blade
full tang
piercing through your black pajamas
your mask is no disguise -
I know you now
and there is no hiding
what you are
We are enemies, you and I
and you are a hilarious story
that little girls will laugh at
long after my memory has faded
(and when I use the word "ninja"
I really mean "Oh my god, who the hell do you think you are?")
Rain falls softly from the petals
of the dogwood
the flutter of petals
belies the presence of birds
Your treacherous dance
would have gone
unnoticed
if your new girlfriend
had not shown up
unexpectedly.
My laughter is the steel blade
full tang
piercing through your black pajamas
your mask is no disguise -
I know you now
and there is no hiding
what you are
We are enemies, you and I
and you are a hilarious story
that little girls will laugh at
long after my memory has faded
1 Comments:
a word: badass.
Post a Comment
<< Home