Monday, August 15, 2005

Stare

Your laser beam eyeballs
are not burning a hole
in my coffee cup

which is good
because these pants
are brand new
and as pale
as goth kids
in Alaska
when the sun doesn't come out
and they have to stand in front
of those big lights
so they don't get all
depressed

There was a movie I saw
when I was small
and the child who most missed the sun
was in time-out in a dark closet
during the five minutes of sunlight
in the arctic...whatever season it was

I can hold your stare
in my hand
with mittens of ice
Ice made of willpower

I will melt you down
even though you are
made of lasers

and then we will see
who is winning

1 Comments:

Blogger Prince of Dampness said...

I, too, have seen the lasers. Be strong!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home