Monday, August 15, 2005

Sweater Rack

I threw my sweater
over your head
like a ticker tape parade
of acrylic yarn
in sweater form

this did not make you happy
and I was surprised

perhaps you should have taken
the headphones off
of your ginger hair
and taken some time

to listen

If we aren't talking
I don't know
that you aren't a sweater rack

8 Comments:

Blogger Nadine said...

who is this about?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Shena said...

Don't pretend you don't know. Must we really play these games?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Quit playin' games with my heart.
Okay?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Shena said...

You should have known from the start.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Don't go act all sweetness.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Shena said...

You know the game! You're wearing it.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

No, you're wearing a damn sweater. That is the problem.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Shena said...

I can't believe you'd say that. Is that all I am to you? A sweater? I mean, look - I know that you want it to be sweater weather, and that's great, but why do you always have to make it about things? Why can't it be about us?

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home