Bully
I want to stomp your heart
all over the playground
and hand it back to you
in a gift-wrapped box
from Nordstroms
(maybe I come from a rich neighborhood!
you don't know!
kids shop there all the time, right?
God I'm old...)
accidentally forgetting to include
the gift receipt
(I *know* that kids do this
because they're fucking picky and awful.
"I didn't want this! Where's my gift receipt?"
Whine whine whine
I HATE THEM)
so you can look through the wreckage
of blood
and
more blood
and whatever else hearts are made of
maybe muscle?
and never, ever forget me
all over the playground
and hand it back to you
in a gift-wrapped box
from Nordstroms
(maybe I come from a rich neighborhood!
you don't know!
kids shop there all the time, right?
God I'm old...)
accidentally forgetting to include
the gift receipt
(I *know* that kids do this
because they're fucking picky and awful.
"I didn't want this! Where's my gift receipt?"
Whine whine whine
I HATE THEM)
so you can look through the wreckage
of blood
and
more blood
and whatever else hearts are made of
maybe muscle?
and never, ever forget me
1 Comments:
If it's any consolation, I definitely knew some kids who shopped at nordstrom. But I do come from the johnson county.
Post a Comment
<< Home