stabalizing.
i have taken so many painkillers
today
in an effort to feel
normal
again.
and by "painkillers" i mean
ibueprofen and aspirins
and by "normal" i mean
"not gross in the neck and shoulders."
you came staggering in this morning drunk
and suggested a later meeting
"for all of us"
and I rebutted with a chipper
"I'm fine"
even though I was dying.
Like that time I think I sprained my ankle
but walked on it for miles anyway.
Because I didn't want anyone to know.
expcept this time,
I wanted you to know
that your hangover
is of no
consequence.
today
in an effort to feel
normal
again.
and by "painkillers" i mean
ibueprofen and aspirins
and by "normal" i mean
"not gross in the neck and shoulders."
you came staggering in this morning drunk
and suggested a later meeting
"for all of us"
and I rebutted with a chipper
"I'm fine"
even though I was dying.
Like that time I think I sprained my ankle
but walked on it for miles anyway.
Because I didn't want anyone to know.
expcept this time,
I wanted you to know
that your hangover
is of no
consequence.

3 Comments:
Weeeeeasel!
WEEEEAAASEL!!!
Neckbaby still giving you trouble?
Go see a damn doctor!
(I love you, stubborn-head. Feel better soon)
I'm not sure I get the symbolism in this one. Is your ankle supposed to represent Iraq?
Apparently, they think our rhymes are "Phat."
Post a Comment
<< Home