Sonnet for K
To take a summer's day in muggy stride
A weekend walk through shady grass is nice
While cameras snap at newly blushing brides
By fountains clear as crystal, cold as ice
To gaze upon such happy lives entwined
I think upon my own unhappy state
Oh, to live and love, in love divine
Alas it seems this shall not be my fate
My lady lives much farther than I'd like
And with her takes her hair of tawny gold
I feel that something here should rhyme with dyke
My sonnets aren't that good, you know, all told.
My love the summer storm is thrashing wild
New Orleans, sinful city, punished child
A weekend walk through shady grass is nice
While cameras snap at newly blushing brides
By fountains clear as crystal, cold as ice
To gaze upon such happy lives entwined
I think upon my own unhappy state
Oh, to live and love, in love divine
Alas it seems this shall not be my fate
My lady lives much farther than I'd like
And with her takes her hair of tawny gold
I feel that something here should rhyme with dyke
My sonnets aren't that good, you know, all told.
My love the summer storm is thrashing wild
New Orleans, sinful city, punished child
1 Comments:
I was surfing for stuff and decided to invite you to a digital conference in which we discuss how we are going to win this freaking poetry contest!
Post a Comment
<< Home