Sonnet of Boredom
We're making up words in "Meeting of Doom"
It's time for lunch but we are fixed in seats,
Wondering what the lunchroom has to eat.
We're about to fall asleep in this room.
I know you have ideas sir, honestly,
But we're all very hungry here. It's late.
There weren't even doughnuts offered as bait!
Please stop tapping your nails incessantly.
Seriously guys, let's wrap all this up.
Let's keep the tangents to a minimum.
We've talked this to death. Find a fork. It's done.
I yearn for soda in a plastic cup.
All my metaphors are based in eating.
We need to call an end to this meeting.
It's time for lunch but we are fixed in seats,
Wondering what the lunchroom has to eat.
We're about to fall asleep in this room.
I know you have ideas sir, honestly,
But we're all very hungry here. It's late.
There weren't even doughnuts offered as bait!
Please stop tapping your nails incessantly.
Seriously guys, let's wrap all this up.
Let's keep the tangents to a minimum.
We've talked this to death. Find a fork. It's done.
I yearn for soda in a plastic cup.
All my metaphors are based in eating.
We need to call an end to this meeting.
2 Comments:
Ah, so now you have mastered both major sonnet rhyme schemes. And honestly, if you don't quit writing GOOD poems, you are totally going to lose us this contest.
I don't consider these to be "good." Plus, the last one was about The Wonderful Winner of Winter, so it, by nature, must be bad.
Post a Comment
<< Home